Monday 29 November 2010

Poetry that touched my soul

I used to care a lot for poetry and classical music back in time, but as I moved on this passion sort of just dissolved. Nowadays I only listen to Mozart (if at all) and don't even remember the last time I read a poem. However, there is one poem that I learnt my heart and will never forget. I find it so beautiful and touching that I decided to share it with you. It was written in Russian by Aleksandr Sergeevich Pushkin and it's called Я вас любил.../I loved you once....

Я вас любил: любовь еще, быть может
В душе моей угасла не совсем;
Но пусть она вас больше не тревожит;
Я не хочу печалить вас ничем.
Я вас любил безмолвно, безнадежно,
То робостью, то ревностью томим;
Я вас любил так искренно, так нежно,
Как дай вам бог любимой быть другим.

I loved you once: perhaps that love has yet
To die down thoroughly within my soul;
But let it not dismay you any longer;
I have no wish to cause you any sorrow.
I loved you wordlessly, without a hope,
By shyness tortured, or by jealousy.
I loved you with such tenderness and candor
And pray God grants you to be loved that way again.
So to me this is the most beautiful poem ever written on this planet. I hope you like it just as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...