Thursday 18 November 2010

Birthday Preparations

So, since my 25th birthday is coming veeeeery very soon and I do consider it an important date, I have started with the preparations, i.e. dress, make-up, hair and so on.
Here are my choices so far:

I already went ahead and bought this dress for myself, and I have to say that I find it absolutely spectacular. It is from H&M and I am totally in love with it. But I also have to say, that I really had troubles finding a dress there this year, that would fit me. Normally not an issue or rather dresses are too big on me but this year it's been tough. Apparently women who wear a size 6 are not supposed to have a bust, so my problem was that I just couldn't zip the dresses and it was frustrating since I really liked them. So I had to switch to a size 8 and still some of them wouldn't fit. This one is a little tight, since the top is made as a corsage but overall it's gorgeous.
Now let's talk make up. Of course I want a flawless look so I will be using the L'Oreal Primer, then my Mineralise Foundation by MAC, concealer by Mac, rouge by Mac highlighter by Artdeco and finally the Transparent Finishing Powder by Mac I wrote about earlier. Further I decided that for this kind of dress I will need a dramatic look, so smoky eyes are the only viable option here! :)

Since I want the eye make up to last the whole evening without smudging, because for me there is nothing worse than dark eye shadow that starts coming off, I bought myself this eye primer and after running a few tests I am sure that it will last all night long. It is a totally great product, which is easy to apply and once on the eyelid completely undetectable, so it doesn't alter the colour of the shadow.
I also already bought eye shadow for the look, but now I am not so sure that I'll be using it.

It has the right colours, but when I bought it I didn't quite expect it to be as sparkly as it is and I prefer matte looks. And as it turns out it is really a mission to find matte shadows because seemingly everything shines and sparkles, but I did discover a matte line by Artdeco, so I will check it out.
For a while now I have been using the same mascara, which is Feline Black by Helena Rubinstein, so I will definitely stick to this one and I can only recommend it to everyone because it definitely is the best mascara on the planet.
To make the look perfect I will need nude lips and I bought this great lip gloss:


Although I normally don't really use Maybeline products I really like this new pearl collection so the shade I bought is "Nude Pearl" and it really does look nice, especially with dark eyes.
To mark the start of a new period in my life I also decided to cut my hair and after looking for the perfect haircut, I think I found the right one for me.


Since my hair is wavy I thought Keira Knightley's hair from the latest Chanel ad will be perfect for me and it really isn't a very time intensive haircut, so really the right choice for me, since I have no idea how to style hair.
And last but not least, I also got a new perfume, since mine is ending and I wanted to try something new and to really sum it up in the words of Coco Chanel: "A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future". So after I spent a while in the store and kept wrinkling my nose and sneezing from the amount of smells that were surrounding me I finally found what I was looking for: Rose by Paul Smith.

It is the best perfume that I have smelled in a while and it will be my constant companion for the next couple of months!
Ok, I think that should wrap it up. The only thing missing is which shoes to wear, but I tend towards simple black, pointy heels to round up the whole look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...