Thursday 25 November 2010

My evening cleansing routine

It did take me a long time to find the products that I like. In fact many many years because I probably tried every single product from the drug store before moving on to more expensive stuff. I remember using Neutrogena, Nivea, L'oreal and Garnier products for a while but never actually finished anything and everything that my mom didn't want to keep ended up in the trash mercilessly. Later on I tired the Roch Posay - Effaclar line and kind of did like it but I still wasn't too happy with it before moving on to Vichy and their Normaderm and later the Oligo 25 line.
And then one fine while I was in a shopping centre with my friend I saw a small set of Clinique's anti-blemish solutions line in our favourite perfumery. It contained a facial soap bar, toner and moisturiser. I think I paid about 10€ for it and started using it on the very same evening. It has been about 1,5 years ago and I have to say that I really am quite happy with it.
So the first product I use is the soap bar. I really do love it because it is huge and lasts literally forever. After using it the face feels really clean and smooth. It removes make-up and eye make-up very well. After I finish my current bar, I will try the cleansing foam, so if anyone is unsure about whether or not they like the bar, there is a solution to it.

Next in line is the 7 day scrub, which isn't part of the line and I only included it into my routine about 2 months ago, but since I got a smaller tube as a gift from Clinique I have been using it every day and I have to say I find it amazing. After using it the face feels soft and absolutely smooth and I really did try quite a few scrubs bit this one is definitely best for me.

After the scrub I use this toner because it is quite gentle. I also have the matching Clinique toner, but I do find it a bit too strong for me and this one is alcohol free and also contains vitamins that our skin needs.

I normally finish everything with the moisturiser, which I absolutely LOVE. I believe it's oil free but it still moisturises and nourishes really well and moreover, is absorbed by the skin really quickly without any shine and can be used as foundation base in case you don't use a primer.

The last thing I want to talk about is this cleansing mask. I bought it in summer and use it about once a week. It is a clay-based, oil-control, clarifying mask and I do like it a lot. It works really well with the rest of the line, is easy to use and you only need 5 minutes until it's dry and you can wash it off.

I hope you might find this useful and I have to admit that I really love it to see what other people use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...