Friday 5 November 2010

Knitting and crocheting

So, as the winter is coming closer and closer, and my fear that it's going to be just as bad as the last one is taking over, I'm back to knitting and crocheting. I find it very rewarding, since one doesn't only enjoy the outcome at the end (presumably) but is also very relaxed during the whole process.
I have to admit that I haven't produced anything more serious than a scarf or a hat just yet, but I guess my next project will be a nice jumper.
This year I picked up the crochet hook again, after not having used it for many many years, but I do find it easier to make hats with a crochet hook rather than using a round needle or knitting on 5.
If you are rusty on how to crochet there are some great tutorials available on youtube and actually very helpful. I want to share some of my creations here and hope you like them!


This is a scarf that I made for my friend. I find this stitch very pretty and I think I might be using it when attempting my future jumper. It is a very easy one, the only downside to it is that it uses a whole lot of yarn.


I made this beret and when I finished I decided to give it to my grandmother because I knew it would make her happy and I can always make another one for myself.


















1 comment:

  1. Your crochet scarf looks great. I made a mobile-case with this stitch. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...