Saturday 16 February 2013

Nivea BB Cream review

It has definitely been a while since I have posted a review but I really am trying again to blog more regularly and to do more reviews because after all these posts are ones of the most useful ones.
I was very excited when I saw this BB cream in my drug store. I was still in the market for a decent BB cream and the task of finding one turned out to be more difficult than I have thought (I am aware that I am quite late for that trend). I previously tried the Garnier BB cream and really did not like it. It make me break out, or so I think at least, and made my face really shiny only after a few hours after use. 
Anyways, I had very high hopes for this products so naturally my hopes had to be shattered into pieces.  This BB cream claims to a 5in1 product. Supposedly it smoothes, covers, moisturises, protects and improves the general appearance of the skin. It has an SPF of 10, which is not high at all and in a country like Israel, where the sun is shining most times of year it most definitely is not enough. Its consistency is something between a tinted moisturised and an Asian thick BB cream. It also has a typical Nivea smell to it. It only comes in 2 shades, which are light and medium to dark. 
The application is not complicated by any means and it does not streak too much. Unfortunately the colour selection is rather limited and the light colour is too dark with an orange undertone for me. Having said that the BB cream does cover better than my tinted moisturised would. My biggest problem with it was however, that like with the Garnier cream my face became shiny after only a few hours after applying it, even though I dusted my finishing powder on top. Now I do not have very oily skin, rather combination skin that is dehydrated, thus this product clearly is not suited for people with oily skin. Still I was not giving up and really wanted it to work. I tried using a pump of my Clarins hydra-matte lotion underneath but it could only fight the shine of for so long. 
All in all I am disappointed. Luckily the price tag doesn't hurt too much and my balance was not savaged. I definitely would not repurchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...