Sunday 19 December 2010

DIY Weekend

It has been snowing in Europe for days and to be honest it's just so much more tempting to stay at home and spend the weekend in bed. Yesterday I was still out and doing some shopping with my mom and bought some supplies for my DIY-projects.
Since it was the perfect snowy weekend I spent some time flipping through other peoples' fashion of life-style blogs and got inspired.
Firstly I knitted a turban in light pink for myself since I've been desiring it since the "Sex and the City" movie and saw a knitted version of it in Zara. I really like my creation because it fits me perfectly and I actually love the colour. I think I'll be knitting one in black for myself as well. The advantage with this project is that I have so many yarn left-overs in different colours thus I can just check my stash without spending money on more. Anyways, here is the result:
Update: After wearing my little turban today I realised that the top of my head was getting cold, thus I added a top to it and here is the result:
GIF animations generator gifup.com
Secondly I decided to transform my shoes. I bough green suede heels when I was living in Madrid and decided it's time to change their appearance a little. I have to admit that it wasn't entirely my idea and I got inspired at MADAM BROSHKINA's blog here. I bought these little gem stones as well as transparent glue and have been placing them with tweezers today. So here is the result of that and I absolutely LOVE it:
GIF animations generator gifup.com
So what do you think of my weekend pastime? And what did you do during this total weather chaos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...