Saturday 16 March 2013

A little bit more of MAC in my life

I was relaxing at home the other day and watching videos on Youtube. There I have seen Estée's great Get-ready-with-me video, where she was using an Illamasqua contour colour for her face. She seems to be as fair as me and maybe even a little fairer and since I hardly ever contour because I am worried to look orange with my bronzer, her video made my jump up and run to the nearest MAC store (there is no Illamasqua counter nowhere near me). You can see below what I managed to walk out with:
Unfortunately my store does not carry the pro lines thus there was no sculpting powder, however I managed to find a taupe blush from the "Strong" collection. It is called "Taupe Shape" and is a brownish greyish colour, that has a little shimmer to it since it is a satin finish. I have used it twice so far and really been liking it. It works as a very subtle contour shade for pale skins as mine. The shimmer has not been noticeable.  
Since I am slightly mad about MAC brushes and love the sets that they bring out with certain collections obviously I was one to pick up the "Archie's Girls" set. I know a lot of people don't like the short handle, however I love it. It fits perfectly in my make up bag and is easy to transport. For this collection I absolutely adore the little heart design.
This set came with quite useful brushes in my opinion. You get a 167 large powder brush, a 168 large angled contour brush, a 226 blending brush, a 242 shader brush and the 266 small angle brush. I personally think it is a great value for money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...